What a cheerful sight it is to see our community returning to the Library following its closure. A recent walk around the campus revealed small groups of people doing yoga in the park, participating in Storytime on the front lawn, browsing the Most Wanted Books, and returning materials. While summer 2020 is far from business as usual there is a new hum of activity happening at the Library. Here’s a quick list of our summer programming highlights:
- Summer Reading is in full swing with outdoor Storytimes each lunchtime and “take & make” activity bags.
- Free lunch every weekday at the Library with Gallatin Valley Food Bank noon – 1:00 pm. Open to all kids and teens 18 and under.
- The “Read 100” challenge in partnership with Bozeman School District. Kids can track their reading while also completing activities and unique challenges for points towards digital badges and prizes using the READSquared app.
- Special performances including “Princess Fearless and the Dragons” with award-winning singer-songwriter Mindy Dillard on July 27th at 11:00 am. Registration required.
- The 3rd annual Bozeman vs. Belgrade Reading Contest. Which town can read the most pages?
- The Teen Video Challenge is an annual national video contest open to all teens. Create a public service announcement video that shows your unique interpretation of the 2020 summer reading theme, “Imagine Your Story”.
- Yoga for All is now outside in Lindley Park every Tuesday 12:15 – 1:00 pm during July and August with instructor Terra Kopf. Registration required.
- HIIT into Stride, a high intensity interval workout class on Wednesdays 12:15 – 1:00 pm with instructor Tasha Oord. Registration required.
- Virtual book clubs, short story socials, and Walking Book Club (July & August only).
- Mindful Mondays created especially for BPL by local yogi and meditation guide Turi Hetherington on our YouTube channel.
For the whole family
- Gnome Roam – Find gnomes hidden around Lindley Park and learn some riveting gnome lore between July 8th – August 8th. Learn more.
Check the Library’s event calendar for details and registration. Many of these programs are made possible by your generous donations to the Library Foundation. Thank you for supporting your local Library.