The Bozeman Public Library Foundation is hiring a part time (20 hrs/wk) Communications and Marketing Manager. The Foundation provides financial support to increase and enhance the quality of programs, services, and community events at the Bozeman Public Library. The Communications and Marketing Manager will be responsible for using holistic, adaptive methodology to connect the Library brand with real donors. He or she will drive results by blending strategy, technology, and analysis.
- Develop and coordinate all aspects of BPLF’s communications.
- Oversee a redesign of the Foundation website, including crafting emotionally compelling content that inspires investment in the Library.
- Create and adhere to an annual marketing calendar.
- Manage current portfolio of marketing assets, keeping them timely and up-to-date
- Conduct focus groups of target donor groups to discover how each makes giving decisions and how to change voice, tone, events, and experiences to tailor content for each group.
- Be an active participant on the Library’s Marketing Committee
- Manage the Foundation’s social media outreach
- Contribute Foundation content to the Library’s newsletter
- Create, design, and lead effective multi-channel annual fund and seasonal campaigns for the organization.
- Provide hands-on leadership and direction in the creation of digital media products, such as videos and infographics.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years’ experience in marketing and communications
Knowledge and Skills Desired:
- Be a good storyteller able to reach the hearts and minds of potential donors.
- Familiarity with user and/or human centered design methods and processes and ability to translate into library fundraising environment
- Able to work with designers to create compelling, targeted content and to leverage design tactics to efficiently address a multitude of print and digital channels
- Able to evaluate design and/or marketing agencies and chose economical and efficient providers
- An ability to solicit and synthesize the input of Library staff, Foundation staff, and board marketing committee
- Skilled in short and long-term planning and evaluation, cultivation practices, and development and maintenance of systems and processes.
- Able to determine clear performance indicators tied to each campaign, tactic, and phase of a donor’s journey
- Able to assist in establishing firm brand guidelines and adhering to them
- Able to use social media to help tell stories and engage with donors
- Able to rely on and manage outside help and volunteers should the need arise.
- Plans well but is flexible and open to disruption
- Believes in mission, is values driven and loves the idea of bringing modern marketing techniques to a civic endeavor
To apply, submit cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references. Samples or links to marketing initiatives you’ve worked on are encouraged.
Please send to:
Bozeman Public Library Foundation, 626 East Main, Bozeman, MT 59715
Email Janay Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Communications and Marketing Manager”
This position is open until filled.