After almost six months of being partially closed for renovation, we are thrilled to have the main Library spaces open again. The Library has only been open for a few weeks and our spaces have been anything but quiet! Between March 19 and April 1:
- 7,254 people visited the library
- 2,012 reference questions were answered, 667 related to early literacy
- 2,547 policy and procedure questions were answered, like “what do I need to get a library card?”
- 1,824 directions were given
- 406 people were shown how to use the self-checkout machines
Once again, our Library is alive with people working, meeting, browsing, reading, connecting, and learning. It is wonderful to have patrons back in our spaces. It is, after all, people that make libraries the dynamic spaces they are.
To welcome patrons back, we had an interactive display that asks the question, “What dreams of yours will take flight at the Bozeman Public Library?”. We were so inspired by people’s ideas and hopes for the future that we pulled a few of them out to share in this graphic.
Our Library means many things to many people and serves a variety of purposes in our community. Whether you’re dreaming of finishing your novel, personal discovery, or traveling to far away places, our Library is here for everyone. Whatever dreams you hope will take flight at Bozeman Public Library, we’re here for you and we’re so happy to welcome you back.